You can now add one more Rainey Street bar to your growing list of Austin happy hour spots: Half Step is going to start opening earlier during the week with a special happy hour menu from 4 to 7 p.m.
During those hours on Tuesdays through Fridays, the powder-blue bungalow bar will focus on aperitif-style cocktails and low ABV options offered at lower prices, according to a press release. Draft beers will be available for $4, and wine and canned and bottled beers will also be cheaper.
Half Step’s new happy hour menu includes the following cocktails. They are $8 unless otherwise indicated.
- Summer Sherry Cobbler: manzanilla sherry, lemon raspberry and fresh fruit
- Rome with a View: Campari, dry vermouth, lime, sugar and seltzer
- Cider Julep: Calvados, dry cider, mint, sugar and angostura
- BBC: bourbon, blackberries, lemon, sugar and seltzer
- Half Step Two Step: Steigel Radler and a shot of tequila. $6.
- Don Bostick Michelada: Tecate, Valentina, Worcestershire and lime. $4.
Half Step, which opened early last year under cocktail maven Chris Bostick’s watchful eye, is now opened 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Stop by for a post-work drink at 75 1/2 Rainey St.