Now that the South Lamar Boulevard cocktail bar Backbeat has been in business for more than a month, co-owners Michael and Jessica Sanders are ready to introduce fun happy hour specials that will make their bar the place to hang out after work.
Starting tomorrow, happy hour will run from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays with themed specials each day.
Tuesday: Sherry Social
- $3 glasses of sherry
- 1/2 priced oysters while they last
- $1 off seasoned olives and nuts
- $6 Sherry Cobbler on tap, Sherry Negroni, Vermouth & Soda and rotating on-tap spritz cocktail
Wednesday: Boilermakers & Ballermakers
- 4 beer and spirit pairings that will change based on availability, including two lower-end boilermakers, ranging from $6 to $10, and two that will cost a little extra, from $12 to $15.
- $1 off all canned beers
- $2 off a paté melt or beet salad
- $6 whiskey cocktail on tap and rotating draft spritz/soda drinks
Thursday: Wine’d Up for the Weekend
- $2 off wines by the glass and 20 percent off full bottles
- $2 off charcuterie/cheese boards
- $6 Pisco and seasonal spritz cocktail on tap (specific drinks will be decided)
Backbeat, at 1300 S. Lamar Blvd., also has new hours of operation. The bar is opened 4 p.m. to midnight Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, and 2 p.m. to midnight Sundays. For more information, visit facebook.com/backbeatATX.