Longtime fans of Walton’s Fancy and Staple, a deli and bakery, have a boozy new reason to stop into the downtown spot.
For lunch, dinner or happy hour, Walton’s is offering a rotating menu of drinks, all “handmade using the freshest ingredients and (embodying) the same attention to detail as Walton’s classic offerings,” according to a press release. Diners can also enjoy the cocktails — which join the already available beer and wine — on the weekends.
The cocktails run between $8 to $9 per glass or $32 per carafe. These are primarily original concoctions, including:
- Sweet Temptation, with Citadelle Gin, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, fresh lemonade, strawberry slices and muddled strawberry puree, and blackberries and blueberries
- Whoop Pear It is, with cachaça, Mathilde Poire pear liqueur, fresh pear juice and basil
- Burnt Orange, with Bulleit Rye Whiskey, fresh orange juice, rosemary simple syrup, orange bitters and rosemary sprigs
- Fancy Pants, with Bulleit Bourbon, Cuvée cold-brew coffee, Hops & Grain PorterCulture and honey toasted-almond syrup
- Smokin’ Sunset, with Wahaka Mezcal, Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, fresh orange juice and blood-orange puree
- Prickly Paloma, with silver tequila, Jarritos grapefruit soda and prickly pear puree
Sip on one while chowing down on one of Walton’s sandwiches or on another new menu item, a $17 cheese board that “includes a selection of four gourmet cheeses — blue cheese, Brie, cheddar and hard ripened cow’s milk cheese — as well as fresh honeycomb, house-made pickles, candied walnuts, fresh fruit, house-made jam and lavash cracker bread,” according to the release. The cheese board is only available from 3 to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
Walton’s Fancy and Staple, which actress Sandra Bullock opened in 2009 and still owns, is located at 609 W. Sixth St. The deli and bakery is opened from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays.
This post has been corrected to reflect that the cheese board, not the drinks, is only available from 3 to 7 p.m. during the week.