When fine-dining restaurant Congress closed at the end of 2015, making way for an expansion of sister spot Second Bar + Kitchen, the bar that connected them, Bar Congress, shut down, too.
But the recently renovated space is back as the Second Bar and has begun offering happy hour every weekday from 4 to 6 p.m., with a small selection of cocktails that you can only order during that time.
The cocktails range between $5 to $7, and happy hour specials also include a $1 off draft beer and half-off select bottles of wine. Pair those with snacks like black truffle pomme frites, bacon-wrapped dates and flank steak satay while you sit in the bar or on the outdoor patio that faces the bustling Congress Avenue.
Here are those happy hour-only cocktails. Thirsty yet?
- Bennett: choice of gin, vodka or tequila with lime juice and peel, turbinado and Angostura bitters
- Sidewinder’s Fang: Kong’s Island Spice Rum, passionfruit, orange and citrus with tiki preparations
- Brown Derby: Kentucky bourbon, honey, grapefruit and lemon
- Normandy Sidecar: Cognac & Calvados, Cointreau, lemon and a fine sugar rim
- Shandy: Miller High Life pony with lemonade
Second Bar + Kitchen and the adjacent Second Bar are located at 200 Congress Ave. The former Congress is now Congress Hall, a private dining and events area with an airy, modern design aesthetic that mirrors Second Bar + Kitchen.
For more information, visit secondbarkitchen.com/second.